To Become a Member of the Choir
- You must be at least thirteen years of age (unless special approval is granted by the director)
- Attend a rehearsal as our special guest
- Complete a Choir Application Form at your second rehearsal
- Complete a quick range and ability assessment with the director following your second rehearsal
- Attend two consecutive rehearsals before singing in a Sunday morning service.
The Purpose of the Worship Choir
- To demonstrate and practice the four-fold ministry of choir: ministering to God, ministering to one another, ministering to the corporate body of Christ-followers and spreading of the gospel to the unbeliever.
- To be a place where one can become “family” with other like-passioned Christ-followers.
- To be an example of worshippers to the larger corporate body, establishing an atmosphere of celebration in our worship gatherings
- To minister a message of hope, joy, peace, consecration and love to a lost and dying world.
- To be a place of growth spiritually, musically and relationally
The Type of Person You Should Be
- A born again Christian – through faith in the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- A committed, sincere, devoted worshiper of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A regular attender of Faith Assembly.
- Accepting the responsibility of a ministry position at all times, striving to live a lifestyle consistent with the high standards of Christian morals and ethics.
- Teachable and flexible, able to receive correction, encouragement, suggestions and constructive criticism in the interest of what will benefit the team effort in worship.
- Striving to develop an active devotional life through daily Bible reading and prayer.
- Supportive, accountable and submissive of those in authority over the ministry in word, attitude and deed.
- Seeking to promote unity and possessing a servant-heart toward ministry.
The Skills You Must Have
- The ability to match pitch.
- The willingness to learn how to sing a part and to memorize. (Those who have yet to master singing a part but show potential for development may be granted membership on a trial basis. A re-evaluation with the director to be scheduled at the end of three months.)
- An openness to musical development, applying suggestions and comments made by the director.
For more information, contact Jonathon at 239.543.2700 or by email.
Return to Faith Ministries page.